Sunday, November 19, 2006

A Night less Sleep…

I walked down to the river this morning to help Dumpster Diving Dan feed his seagulls. We had a light turn out this morning as far as the gulls go which worried Dan.

“You look like crap,” Dan said remarking on my unkempt and unshaven appearance.

“Ah, I didn’t sleep at all last night. Not one wink,” I replied. “I haven’t even had a shower yet this morning.”

I told Dan about George and his presumably broken car. I and Dan both had the biggest laugh at George’s expense.

“All it is, is the wire going from the starter solenoid to the starter has come undone,” I told Dan.

“Well, he doesn’t need to be driving anyway,” Dan replied as we laughed some more. “That man is going to kill himself or someone else one of these days.”

I left Dan to head over by the tracks near downtown to check on Ferret. I got about halfway there and then turned around and headed for home. The cold was just too much to bear this morning and I am terribly cold natured. Ferret is on his own today. Maybe I will see him later this afternoon after the day has warmed up some.

1 comment:

Claudia said...

My husband, son and I went to a state park close to my house today for a nice hike. I live in East Texas, so beautiful weather like we are having today needs to be appreciated and enjoyed. As I was walking on the trail under the moss-laden oak trees, I couldn't help but think of you and your hikes. I thought how different the park must be at midnight... But, unlike your cooment about how safe it is to walk about at night in your town, this park would be quite dangerous - the 6 alligators we saw would not be welcome hiking mates.