Thursday, November 30, 2006

A Quiet Morning in Bed...

Carolyn came over this morning and just held me.

“I hate it when you are not feeling well. I feel so helpless and there seems there is nothing I can do,” She told me.

“Just be here for me,” I replied. “I just need a friend.”

We lay in my bed just listening to each other breath for the longest time.

“I get my injection in the morning,” I told her. “I think my medicine has run out. Mom is taking me. I don’t think I can drive right now.”

“Call me when you get home. I will be at work,” She said. “I just want to know you are okay.”

“I will,” I replied.

One of the hardest aspects of mental illness is not what YOU go through, but what it puts those you love through.

6 comments:

Summer said...

Feel better.

SKQBDOO said...

You will be in my thoughts today. I pray you feel better soon.

austere said...

take care.

Cheryl said...

I'm just glad to hear from you. Be well...

latibug said...

Feel better.

I'll be thinking of you today.

Blessings,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

I hurt for you. I know how you feel about affecting those around you. Whenever I get into a funk I really worry about my kids and how they will react. On the other hand, I guess it is good that we can worry about our loved ones so that we have a reason to keep trying to get better.

Hope the fog lifts soon.