Wednesday, November 22, 2006

A Feline Vignette…

I and Carolyn were talking early this morning about owning cats. She finds it hard to believe that I once had a total of three cats at one time. She is a big cat person.

“What happened to your cats?” She asked me.

“I found them all good homes when I moved down here to take that research job at the University,” I replied.

“Didn’t that break your heart to give them away?” She asked me concerned.

“No, I was tired of cleaning those goddamned litter boxes,” I replied. “All they did was shit and eat and lick their asses. At least, Maggie has enough sense to let me know when she needs to go out.”

“Watch your language!” Carolyn told me as she laughed. “You can have such a potty mouth sometimes, but litter boxes are a pretty bad deal though.”

“I will never own another cat,” I replied.

6 comments:

Kim said...

I am a cat person and now I am mad with you for giving away your cats! :-)

Kim

perrorabioso said...

tan lindos son los gatos! lo digo yo como el perro que soy

scotscribe said...

Great blog. If you are interested in being paid to write in your blog, let me know at scotsd50@yahoo.com.

zirelda said...

I'm with you on cats. Give me a dog any day.

PipeTobacco said...

Sir:

Perhaps it is my biolgist origins, but pets of all sorts inhabit my own home. Dogs, cats (we have had up to three at a time as well), and at various times gerbils, guinea pigs, fish, rats, parakeets, canaries, and various other wildlife have graced our home.

PipeTobacco

Summer said...

I love my cats. I have two. The pleasure they give me far out weighs the litter box. Just don't ask me that when I'm cleaning it. Ha!