Thursday, November 09, 2006

Wrapped up in the arms of love…

Carolyn is now in my bed. We both had a few bowls of my soup and pieces of cornbread before she retired.

“You cook this?” She asked.

“Yeah, why? Does it taste bad?” I asked.

“It is scrumptious,” She replied spooning herself another bowl.

We sat at my kitchen table as we ate. I watched her intently taking in every moment I got to spend with her.

“Why are you looking at me like that?” She asked looking uncomfortable in the limelight as she sat at my table.

“I just never get to see you much these days. You are a sight for sore eyes,” I replied.

We both walked into my kitchen to wash out our bowls and to wash off our spoons after eating.

“I am going to stay with you tonight,” She said matter-of-factly.

I walked into my bedroom to pull back my comforter and the sheets I had just washed today. Carolyn took off her clothes down to her panties and donned one of my well worn cotton t-shirts.

“Don’t stay up much longer,” She said as she crawled into my bed pulling those soft covers over her.

I turned off my bedside lamp and the room grew abruptly dark.

“I’ve got one more thing to do and then I will join you,” I replied as I had one last thing to write about.

Well, I have smoked and written enough for a day, don’t you think? It is time to retire into the arms of someone I care deeply about. I will welcome the soft caress of a woman’s arms tonight as I go to sleep; such wanton bliss. I certainly didn’t want to be lonely tonight and my prayers have been answered.

1 comment:

2 The World U R 1 Person, 2 1 Person U R The World said...

Hi Andrew,

Stopping through and wanted to say Hi. I know the feeling of lonliness, so I can appreciate the feelings behind this entry. I've been lonely for a partner for quite some time. I lay awake many nights wishing I had someone to snuggle up to.

Thankfully I have a wonderful daughter who has learned to give Mommy hugs and kisses in the past weeks. Sometimes she seems to know when I need one of her wondeful toddler hugs. Her only verbal word is HI, but she speaks volumes when she wraps her arms around my neck and cuddles her head in my shoulder.

Goodnight