Thursday, November 09, 2006

Barbeque in Hand…

I only made 8 miles today and got tired of hiking. I have just got to build up my stamina. I need to be able to hike 20 miles a day to finish the Appalachian Trail in decent time.

I once again ran into five fingered discount dude. He was walking on the tracks as our paths crossed yet once again. He bummed another cigarette off of me.

“The police are out looking for you,” I told him.

He laughed nervously.

“Let’s hope I don’t run into them,” He replied, his eyes darting nervously about as he smoked one of my cigarettes.

At least, he had changed his clothes today and shaved. He looked much more presentable. He even had on a new baseball cap. I wonder if the cap was another five finger discount.

I ended my hike standing in front of the little mobile barbeque stand. It smelled so good and I just couldn’t resist a plate today despite having a whole pot of vegetable soup waiting upon the stove at home. I got the ribs today and they were so succulent and delicious. They were falling off the bone they were so tender. I walked on home with a full belly and I think I shall go turn on my fan, curl up in my cool covers on the bed, and take a nap.

4 comments:

The Production Manager said...

Yum! I love ribs!

dusio said...

I just wanted to tell you I enjoy your blog and I wish you the best in your endeavours. My sister is schizophrenic and I know what the trials can be like. Keep up the good fight!

mex said...

yr doing great.. keep it up

Miss Bliss said...

I can talk an 8 mile streak, but I cannot imagine hiking one. Your description of the ribs made me hungry....