Monday, November 20, 2006

Phones until the After Hours…

I and Carolyn ended up talking on the phone until late last night and early in the morning. She is off of work today and needed someone to talk to. We live just miles apart and yet we still ended up talking on the phone when we could have talked face to face. I thought that was odd. She said she was cold and didn’t want to get out of her house. We both lay in our warm beds as we conversed on the phone.

I realize now that I have been lax in my duties as far as this relationship goes. I just can’t take a lot of crap in my personal life due to my illness and refuse to do so. I let her know on no uncertain terms that I would rather be alone than put up with jealously, strife, and conflict. After much crying and tugging of the heart strings, we decided to give it another go.

I cannot wait until sunrise and another day starts. I hope to make nine miles on my daily hike. Hopefully, I will get entangled in something interesting to write about during my travels.

Well, the English in me has a pot of hot tea boiling away on the stove. Let me go add my tea bag and then pour a mug after a twenty minute wait. That shrill whistle of my teapot is echoing throughout my home calling for attention.

3 comments:

Summer said...

I didn't know what I was going to do without a Carolyn Story every once in a while. I'm glad to see that I won't have to worry now. I hope you make your nine miles today!

Claudia said...

I used to talk to my boyfriend (now husband) for hours on the phone while we were both laying in our respective beds. sometimes when you are tackling difficult topics such as relationships, it is much easier to be honest when you are not face to face. Weird how that happens... It's good that you told her how you feel. Hopefully she can love you for who you are.

austere said...

tea. nothing like it.