Saturday, April 24, 2010

A Window of Opportunity…

I took Maggie for our walk this morning before another big line of rain and storms moved in.  This is our third day in a row of walking one mile.  I plan to bump it up to two miles at the beginning of next month, but that’s it.  I have learned that if I make walking too much of a chore, I just won’t do it and I and Maggie both need the exercise.  It takes about one hour to walk a mile with all the frequent stops Maggie makes.  She has to sniff everything, and I mean everything.  It is one big canine staccato mess it seems.  I am very happy today – grateful for all I have and the ability to still do such a thing with an animal that owns my heart.  

4 comments:

glittermom said...

I have a dog Lucy I try to walk a mile everyday...she stops at every spot a dog has peed, then has to repee on the same spot...Its a process and takes forever to get home...

Anonymous said...

gracie loves to smell everything when she is outside. i think all dogs do especially terriers. we had a good day though i think her arthritis is bothering her so gave her a second aspirin and she is calming down now. i took a nap when she did and my plan is to go to sleep early tonight. i am hoping that gracie will too. i wish i could take walks but i cannot take them anymore even small ones when i am in pain make the pain alot worse. i am so grateful that i have the patio for gracie and that she will go out there. i am glad that you are happy today. it is good to hear. liz

Summer said...

I saw that there are a lot of storms down your way. I know you are enjoying them, but, I hope that you and your family are safe!

Joy Heather said...

I am so pleased you are geting out for walks with Maggie,..i bet she enjoys them so much...i am having that strange message again it is spooking me..until i know what it is..hugs to you & Maggie.