Friday, April 16, 2010

Mental Health Twitterers…

What’s the deal with mental health twitterers?  All they do is post excerpts and links from dry, boring psychiatric articles that would only interest doctors.  I want to hear about your experiences with your mental illness.  How you feel.  What medications you take.  What being mentally interesting means to you.  Not that “80 percent of all schizophrenics have unhealthy eating habits and poor nutrition from spending all their money on cigarettes” or “studies show that mentally interesting people have a higher risk for suicide”.  DUH!   It is tiresome and I am tempted to go on a unfollow spree today.  I have gone on quite a few these past few weeks.  First, it was the Follow Friday people.  Then, it was the constant link linkers.  The dealsplus people got me in a stir and had to unfollow scores of those people as well.  I guess I am just getting tired of Twitter.  I am not very good at this social media thing other than blogging it seems.   

4 comments:

This IS The Fun Part! said...

90% of all Andrews have poor shaving habits! LOL!

You know I love ya!!
Grannie

Anonymous said...

i want to know the same t ype of things that you do. i do not go on twitter mu ch at all b ut am interested in peoples experiences. helens dinner looks good.
my day mental health was alright.i made myself get o ut and ate too mu ch while i was having tea i had a half of a sandwich and two cookies wit h tea with a friend from ch urch. i had not eaten before i went so that wou ld have saved me from eating so m uch. it was not horrible ju st more than i shou ld have eaten of s ugar.your dinner looks yummy. i did have to take some adavan today to calm me down. i am trying to not take it every day bu t th ere are some day s i really need it. i hope that you have a good weekend. i will stop b y to see what is going on. i plan to sleep and go on some web sites for things that i need for the house. take good care of yourself. remember u s bloggers ou t here care for you,. liz

kristi said...

I do not visit Twitter at all. I like Facebook though!! I am making chicken fried steak tomorrow. Looks good!!!

kristi said...

Crap my first comment was lost. I guess?? The steak looks good, I am cooking some tomorrow.