Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Don’t Screw With The Maggie…

I just about died laughing.  A strange black man was just bent over at the edge of my yard barking.  It about drove Maggie crazy.  I was sitting on the couch in the den listenining to one of my my digital music channels when I heard a muted, “WOOF!”  Maggie was sitting next to me and went tearing outside. My neighbor Ed’s dog was barking furiously as well.  All the neighborhood dogs were in a stir over this strange black guy’s barking.

I opened my front door and asked the black man if he needed any help despite the best inclinations of my social anxieties.  

“I just walk by every day,” he said. “Your dog always barks at me and I thought I would bark back.”

I burst out laughing.  I thought this was hilarious and something I would do myself.  I liked the black guy’s train of thought – drive that dog crazy if they drive you crazy as well.  It worked.  Maggie was just going bonkers.  You would have thought Satan had descended upon the backyard and was defiling the house.  “Only in my neighborhood,” I thought as I shut my front door and smiled.    You know I just had to come to the blog and write about it as well! lol

3 comments:

glittermom said...

go to youtube and look at video called "crazy guy scaring people"..I didnt know how to send it to you...

forsythia said...

When the neighborhood dogs bark, I often bark back if I'm outdoors. This annoys my husband, who's a little worried about what the neighbors will think.

Joy Heather said...

LoL...thats so funny..but Maggie was only been protective,.. i sometimes feel like doing that when dogs bark a lot..but at my age folk would have me certified !!