Friday, April 16, 2010

Just Can’t Do It…

“Dad?” I just asked. “Tell mom I can’t make it to my eye doctor’s appointment.  If I go, I will have to take two extra Klonopin just to make it.”

Dad started laughing. “You’re throwing this off on me.  You are going to get your mother in such a stir.  You don’t miss appointments in Martha’s world.  She is going to have to take three extra Xanax just to get over this.”

“How are you feeling?” he then asked.

“Panicky,” I replied. “I have this feeling in the pit of my stomach like I am about to have an anxiety attack.”

“You just rest.  Smoke a cigarette and go back to sleep.  I will tell your mother to lay off you for a few days.  You two have done too much.  She is going to get in a mess as well.”

“Thank you,” I said, feeling better.

I really can’t take a lot going on.  I just want a quiet day of listening to Coast to Coast AM and laying on the bed. Let’s hope I can get to feeling better with some restful days ahead.

1 comment:

AJ Rahn said...

It's good to see your father sticking up and supporting you for a change.