Wednesday, April 21, 2010

It’s Uncanny How Alike Mom and I Are…

Well, you know how women who hang out together tend to menstruate together?  I think the same thing happens with Mom and I, and our mental illnesses.  I am on a high.  I’ve been a very busy boy.  Mom’s recent high has been contagious to me.  I also want to shop and this hasn’t happened in a very long time.  I am now obsessed with getting a Blu-Ray player for my home theater.  I am obsessing about watching Avatar in 1080p.

Mom is out and about today, busy.  She been over at my house several times just to “visit”.  I asked her if she would buy me a Blu-Ray player.

“How much does it cost and just what is it?” she just asked me a moment ago.

“Wal-Mart has a Pioneer for $98 dollars,” I replied. “It plays high definition movie discs.”

Mom laughed and looked at me warily.

“A hundred dollars?” she said. “You need to ask your daddy.”

“Mom, you have $50,000 dollars in the bank,” I pleaded. “Can’t I have a $100?”

Mom laughed nervously again.  She is so cheap with her money most days.  I smiled as she got up to leave.  I will most likely get it.  I completely expect her to drive back over here in an hour or two for a trip to Wal-Mart.  She will have to mull it over first and let it marinate in her brain.   

5 comments:

justLacey said...

I recently bought a blue ray player for our Aquos t/v. I have yet to play a blue ray disc on it, but like you I was thinking of getting Avatar for the kids and watching that. Let me know how it goes.

Hap Joy Free said...

sounds like you're manipulating, taking advantage of her while in her "high" mode.

I urge you to reconsider self-serving maneuvers.

This IS The Fun Part! said...

And then will come the expensive Discs for the blu ray - - those suckers ain't cheap!

Wait for Christmas - all the prices will be lower -

Love ya,
Grannie

justLacey said...

I don't consider it manipulation. I think that is a harsh criticism. You're parents are more than well off and control ALL the money you get and your ability to work because of disability. I think you ask for relatively little and you came right out and asked your mom so how is that manipulating? As a mom I enjoy buying/doing things for my children when I am able. Perhaps it will bring your own mom some joy to do it for you.

Marsha said...

He tried to make his mother feel guilty...that IS manipulating!

Stop pacifying him!

Jeesh.

I've said it all along, his dad is hording his money. He needs to go to social services and complain that the man is making him live off of $40 a week groceries and wont let him spend any of it, then get someone else to be his "guardian"!