Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The Mad Sale Dash…

I was just laying in bed asleep.  With the bounty of food I have, I had forgotten about Mexican Tuesday’s.  Maggie was going nuts as mom walked across my front yard with my meal and it awakened me.

“Get dressed,” mom said as I opened my front door. I was in my boxer shorts and a t-shirt – my sleeping gear. “We’re going to Wal-Mart. Mrs. Sandra said they have cases of Cokes on sale for $5 dollars today and I can’t carry them and I need your help.  We need to hurry before they run out. Come on. Hurry.”

I let mom drive much to my chagrin.  I was still asleep.  I sat on the passenger’s side smoking cigarettes and trying to wake up.

We got down there and they were sold out of Cokes, but had a few cases of diet Pepsi left.

“Will you drink diet Pepsi?” mom asked me.

“I will drink anything with caffeine in it,” I said with a chuckle.

We got four cases and headed home.  It was $24 dollars.  Mom kept asking me if I was sure I would drink Pepsi and I assured her I would.  She must have asked me that five times.   Mom drove me over to their house so I could empty the Pepsi’s from the trunk to the garage and then she drove me home.  Mom loves a good sale and it was contagious.  I had a good time after I had gotten woken up. 

Update…

I had just gotten back in the bed a moment ago.  Maggie had settled in with me and was preening.  The phone rang.  “SHIT!” I exclaimed and threw the covers off of me.   Maggie jumped off the bed and ran into the computer room to see what was going on.  The phone ringing excites her for some reason.

“Are you sure you are going to drink those diet Pepsi?” mom asked for the sixth time tonight on the other end. “I hate wasting money.  I am a little obsessive compulsive.”

“I will be over every morning to get them,” I said trying to reassure her.

“Shave tonight, okay?” mom then said and asked.

I laughed. “You don’t like my goatee?”

“You look homeless like you did when you used to drink so heavy.”

I assured her I would shave before dad arrived.  She thanked me and told me she would get me some sugar and coffee creamer tomorrow when she bought my groceries.  I was trying my best to get off the phone and go back to bed! LOL  I am headed that way now until dad arrives.  Boy, it’s been a busy couple of days for a guy with social anxieties, phone phobias, and agoraphobia. 

1 comment:

This IS The Fun Part! said...

Wouldn't you rather hear mom ask you to shave then have dad on your ass for it??

Love ya!!
Grannie The Nag!
LOL