Saturday, April 24, 2010

My Thoughts at the End of the Blogging Day…

An Adventurous Soul…

The 8pm AA meeting in LaGrange is just too late for me.  I tried my hardest to go tonight.  Charlie had been by earlier with my medications and I was feeling mentally well this late in the evening for a change.  But I got so sleepy during the meeting as each person droned on and on about various alcoholic issues.  I kept looking at my watch and when it got half past the hour I grabbed my bottle of cold water and left – sneaking out the back door under the guise that I had gone to the bathroom.  Normally, with my social anxieties, getting up during an active meeting in a room full of people would have sent my anxiety skyrocketing, but I was too tired to care.

The Sole Oncologist…

My sister took the job as the sole oncologist at a local town hospital recently.  She signed the contract a few months ago.  She is thinking it was a bad decision now as being the only oncologist on call gives her little to no time off.  She has two young children and is having to rely heavily on third party childcare to take care of them.  I don’t envy her of that situation. 

My Magdalena…

It has rained for most of the day and the Magdalena has gotten some quality sleeping time.  She has played musical chairs with the bed in the computer room and my bedroom.  I noticed as the sun rose, she got in the back bedroom which was very dark, and as the day progressed, she gravitated towards the front bedroom which had also grown dark.  She was so sleepy and slow today that it was contagious and I took a total of three naps today totaling for around 3 hours of sleep.  I hope I sleep tonight. 

1 comment:

This IS The Fun Part! said...

I guess it's better to get in half of a meeting, than no meeting at all! I'm proud of you for trying so hard.

God Bless your sister for the work she does - but I agree with you. She is gonna burn out very quickly without more help.

And I think Maggie is finally getting you trained to be a proper doggie daddy!

It does sound like a pretty good day for ya! See you tomorrow.

Love ya,
Grannie