Tuesday, April 27, 2010

My Thoughts at the End of the Blogging Day…

A Good Day…

I’m having trouble sitting through real world AA meetings.  It seems I can only make it thirty minutes and then I head home.  That happened tonight.  I’ve been so sleepy lately.  I sleep lots through the day and still manage to sleep at night.  It is a far cry from a few months ago when I couldn’t sleep at all.

Today was my injection in the ‘ole derriere.  Dad believes my trouble the other night was because my medication levels were low. Life always seems to get interesting before that time mentally.  It is also a full moon and I swear that effects me in some way.  It seems I will always be tethered to these medications in one way or another for the rest of my life.  I shudder at the thought of withdrawal or ever having to quit taking them. 

It’s been a good day though.  Mom brought my Mexican meal tonight.  I told her to surprise me and she brought some meal with strips of fried steak enveloped in fried tortilla shells and topped with guacamole and sour cream.  It was decadent and I am sure it had a bazillion calories.  Maggie got the leftovers.

I’ve been watching a lot of TV lately which is a big change for me.  I went for years without watching.  My cable company has one channel called WeatherNow and I can watch it for hours.  It is a far cry better than The Weather Channel.  You can actually get your local forecast without having to wade through stories about burning oil rigs in the Gulf and over sensationalized weather news.  Dad was really enjoying my surround sound system tonight on The Weather Channel in high definition.   “This is so immersive,” he said excitedly. “It envelops you.”

Things are going to get complicated with mom tomorrow.  Mom’s already obsessing about my eye doctor’s appointment and getting groceries.  She changed the appointment once again back to tomorrow.  She is worried I can’t see.  I am to leave my house unlocked while I go to get my contacts so mom can put up my groceries.  Mom can’t find her key to my house which is odd.  It’s dad and I who have the key disease and not mom.  Dad and I are notorious for losing our keys or getting them bumfuzzled.  Just the other night, dad took my keys out of my door absent mindedly and took them home with him for some strange reason.  I couldn’t drive in the morning to get my diet Pepsi and it sent me into a tizzy.  

4 comments:

This IS The Fun Part! said...

Oh my dear Andrew! You have just made my entire week! With just one word . . bumfuzzled! My grandmother used to say that all the time - she's been gone so long - and it just brought back so many fond memories!

Thanks so much!
Grannie

Jules said...

HEY J! I would comment more if I could get past your word verification. WTF? Didn't you once bitch about other blogs requiring it?

So why?

Tokyo Biker Mommy said...

Oh no bumfuzzled again! LOLOLOL!

Joy Heather said...

That bumfuzled is funny,Loved it..your Meal sounded wonderful, it made my mouth water.