Tuesday, April 13, 2010

My Thoughts for the Blogging Day…

Back to Vista…

Well, I can’t just leave well enough alone.  I was completely dissatisfied with Windows 7.  There were a lot of things I just didn’t like about it.  Mainly the file system.  I was also having lots of problems with Windows 7 64-bit and iTunes, and have just discovered podcasts so have been using iTunes a lot despite it being the most buggy and bloated piece of software I have ever used.  So, I put Vista back on my computer and it took literally hours overnight to download and install all the security updates and service packs 1 and 2.  I updated my drivers.  Then, I had to reinstall all my programs.  Luckily, I only use a few.  Then came the backup of my new install so I could always go back to this fresh and fast state over time without having to reinstall everything.  I much like Vista better.  I love my sidebar which is always on top with my gadgets.  I missed it dearly.  So, now I am happy again – happy with my computer.  This probably won’t last long when Microsoft releases another operating system that I will just have to try out for sure. 

Gimping Along…

Gimp is an open source free substitute for Photoshop.  It does almost anything Photoshop does to a certain degree, but the interface isn’t as intuitive or elegant.  I am still finding my way around it and I think my photographs are suffering because of this.  I just don’t have $600 dollars lying around for Adobe Creative Suite 4 so the poor man must make due with free software.  I find it INCREDIBLY aggravating, though, that it doesn’t maximize when you open it.  It literally drives me crazy having to do that every time.  And it will automatically minimize when you close a photo.  ARGHHH!!!!  I guess there is a reason it is free. lol

Euphoria Day…

About two to three hours after my injection this morning, I will feel this rush of euphoria as my Risperdal surges into my bloodstream after having been injected in my buttock.  It is one of the most pleasurable experiences I get these days since I quit drinking.  I fell happy, calm, satiated.  I get this giddy rush of excitement.   I will feel that all is well in the world for about two to three hours until my medication levels out in my bloodstream and my body becomes acclimated to the new higher level for the fist time in two weeks.

“You don’t seem to mind getting your injection these days.  I don’t have to remind you when it’s due,” dad said last night during our medication ritual. “I used to have to send Tim to pick you up and take you.”

I didn’t let dad in on the little secret I am sharing with you about the euphoria.  I wouldn’t want to upset the feel good police. lol

5 comments:

forsythia said...

Andrew--I understand about your euphoria. Years ago, I was hospitalized with salmonella. I hadn't been eating for weeks. In the hospital, the doctor put me on jello for a few days and then had them bring me a real breakfast. The cheese omelet looked greasy and unappetizing, but I decided to take a bite. My brain lit up like a Christmas tree! I spent a whole year eating cheese omelets trying to get that original rush back, with no luck. :-)

Joanne said...

Happy Birthday Andrew ! Hope you have fun !

Anonymous said...

hi
i hope that things went well with getting your ingection. i am so glad that you had a good birthday you deserve to have great days. today is the day that andy is coming over to clean. are you into reading emails now or not? i wanted to email you bu t do not want to b ug y ou with getting them if it is a time when it is hard for y ou to handle. i reall y like your gratitude videos. gratitudes and lj's really help a person have a better day. take great care of yourself, liz

CarolynT said...

Your sister-in-law was smart to get a Mac. Mac rules! You don't have to be a computer expert to use it. My poor hubby is always fussing and fighting with his Windows PC. He also uses Ubuntu. It has this nifty little drum role when it starts up. You can tell I'm not a techie.
Also enjoy your videos and photography. Exceptional talent there.

glittermom said...

ewww! thats a big one!