Saturday, April 17, 2010

Beta Blogger…

I’m trying out some new templates offered in Blogger in Draft’s template designer.  It’s pretty neat.  You can pick a template.  Adjust the width and layout within their interface.  They have tons of backgrounds to choose from as well – some I really like, but they make the blog look busy.  I kind of like the minimalist style I have now though.  There are some templates with lots of bells and whistles, but it’s beta and Lacey and others were having problems with it.  It is how the page is coded and how an older or less updated browser handles the code.  I am actually having a problem this morning of my own blog being slow to load and I have a 8meg down connection.  That shouldn’t happen.  I am on the fence about going back to my rotating theme and older blog template.  It is just a few mouse clicks away if I decide to go back.  I just can’t help trying out all the new things Blogger will offer from time to time.  I am like a kid in a candy store. 

An Irish Friend of Bill says he/she was having problems with my YouTube vids this morning, but I think that is because they are in the UK and the YouTube servers are in the US.  It’s a long jump across the pond so to speak.   They are loading super fast for me on a low traffic early Saturday morning. 

Let me know if you are having problems or if you have any feedback about Blogger in Draft or the Template.  This is your blog, too, so don’t forget that. 

2 comments:

glittergirl said...

I love the new template designer. It's so easy to use and it looks great. You do need to tweak things so it doesn't look too busy. Yours looks great!

Joy Heather said...

I had trouble with your video this morning too.It kept stopping and cuting off..i'm in the U.k...but haven't had much trouble before.