Monday, April 19, 2010

Mom’s Mentally Interesting Today…

“Is it eight at night?” mom just asked me over the phone.

“No,” I replied. “It is eight in the morning, mom.”

“I was afraid to ask your father because he would think I was taking Xanax.  I swear I haven’t had any other than my three before bed.”

“You don’t have to explain to me,” I replied kindly.

“I’ve got to go to Wal-Mart this morning to get your powdered drinks and some panties.  Will you drive?”

Oh joy!” I thought. This was the perfect opportunity to get my computer related stuff I need.

“I will pick you up at nine.  Be sure to do your hair and put on some makeup, okay?”

“Okay,” mom replied and hung up the phone.

I am glad mom had the forethought to realize she couldn’t drive today.  I will most likely have to take her to her hair appointment at eleven as well.  I don’t mind.  It will be good spending some time with her.  Mom sounded in good spirits despite feeling confused. 

1 comment:

forsythia said...

You are a good son to your mother. These little things you do for her mean a lot. SHe knows she can count on you.

The funniest things will prompt one to add a post to one's blog. Yesterday I saw a guy actually roll his own cigarette. This made me think of Uncle Earl, so I'm going to write about him sometime this week.