Monday, April 12, 2010

Microsoft Security Essentials…

hero

Someone emailed me a few weeks back wanting my advice on a free antivirus program.  I suggested Google’s free Spyware Doctor with antivirus.  Well, I was listening to Leo Laporte The Tech Guy this weekend and he suggested Microsoft’s Security Essential’s antivirus and malware protection.  I downloaded and installed it and it works perfectly and integrates into Windows Update as far as definitions are concerned.  It really works well, is free, and it works real-time unlike Google’s Spyware Doctor which you have to pay to upgrade for real-time virus protection.  Try it out and let me know what you think.  I am of the mind that Microsoft should know more than any other virus protection service what viruses their operating systems are vulnerable to.  

Microsoft Security Essentials

2 comments:

Leaking Moonlight said...

I've had this on the computer for about 2 months. It's found one virus and one trojan (and we think we're careful when we browse), slows up the computer only a midge, and is free. I like it.

The only thing is that I haven't figured out how to remove it from the computer if I want to.

Jenn said...

Thanks for the tip!