Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Across Town We Go -- A Mission of Mercy...

"Oh shit! I forgot your cokes!"

Not something you want to hear when you are craving your daily caffeine fix. The cokes are a true treat for me at the end of the day. I will drink my last one about midnight and go to bed.

"Come on," my father said. "Let's get in the car and go get them. It won't take but a minute."

I sighed.

"I promise you I will be okay if we don't go get them," I told my father not wanting to take the trip.

My night time lethargy and laziness had set in. I just wanted to take my crazy meds and get on the computer.

"No," dad said. "It is going to worry the shit out of me until we get your cokes. Your mother would never let that happen."

He was right on the money about my mother. She would never forget an obligation like that.

We arrived back at my house and Maggie was stymied about what was going on. She seemed befuddled. She thought we had left her alone for the night. She yelped with joy when we walked back into the house.

I had some hires pictures of Queen Victoria I wanted to show my father which enthralled him. We then looked at the weather radar and my father headed home.

Vegetable Beef Soup and Cornbread...

I have to wait until my medications soak in, but I am going to be chowing down in about an hour. I will crumble up the cornbread in the soup and add some hot sauce. Dad said he was giving me a whole "pone" of cornbread and I hadn't heard that word in years and it intrigued me. 

3 comments:

glittermom said...

Your father needs to keep a bunch of cokes in his trunk so they are handy.

Andrew said...

Here, in the South, they would burst in the heat of a car sitting in the sun.

glittermom said...

I wondered about that....I know when the temp is freezing they can explode...happened to me once...a whole case imploded on the porch....