Monday, May 29, 2017

May Pleasant Days Bless You...

I woke up at 2:30 PM thoroughly rested. I went to bed around 4:30 AM this early morning. Maggie fussed as she didn't want us to get up just yet. I call her old fuss and feathers when she does that. It reminds me of the time a snake got in the chicken coop at my grandmother's farm and the hens put up one hell of a fuss. It was my job to catch the snake and get it out of the coop. I never was afraid of snakes.

Grocery Night?

"Is Kroger even open on Memorial day?" I asked my father over the phone a moment ago worried about grocery night. "What if they are closed? Are we going to Walmart?"

"Settle down now, Martha! Kroger only closes for Thanksgiving and Christmas day," my father replied with a laugh.

That made me feel better. My house is now officially bereft of food after breakfast again for lunch.

Dad was in an extremely jovial mood joking and cutting up. He said he had been cleaning the gutters of his house when a big thunderstorm blew over. He is real scary of lightning so he quickly got off the roof. He told me he was going to be sore or stove up in the morning.

"Come get your Cokes!" my father exclaimed to me. "You can have yesterday's as well!"

My father then decided he was going to get a shower and he would call me once he got dressed.

"I would give you your meds early, but we need to stay on schedule," he told me before we got off the phone. "Well take them before we go to Kroger around 9 PM."

1 comment:

glittermom said...

Glad your sticking to the schedule...