Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Love is in the Air!

(Shifty Little Eyes) I Think I am in Love, But it Makes Me Kind of Nervous to Say So...

I've had the most fantastic and fun filled time with this new Toshiba laptop. The whole process was fun and exciting from wiping and formatting the hard drive. Installing Windows XP.  To finding and installing all the required device drivers. The only driver I lack is the software dial-up modem drivers. I hope to find them on Toshiba's support website sitting in some dusty corner somewhere.

My only blow was that the hard drive in the laptop was parallel ATA (PATA) instead of Serial ATA (SATA) or "say-tah" for short. I had so hoped to install a 250 GB solid state drive in the contraption. I had one on hand. It would have doubled or tripled its speed and I am not exaggerating. Now, if I can just get Johnny Otis to order that 2 Gigs of SODIMM laptop memory I need for $34.99.

Dad told Charlie how pleased I was with this piece of computer hardware last night and Charlie responded he thought the laptop was too old to be of much good. He was glad I was enjoying it. Au contraire, this laptop was way before its time.

Dear Lord! Don't Get Me Up Something to Do Today, Okay?

The phone just rang and rang as Maggie and I lay in the bed. Maggie, Phone facilitator, the Magster, jumped off the bed and ran over to the phone as quick as she could. If they wanted to get me up then their wish was fulfilled. Hell, it was 10 AM and time for me to get out of the bed anyway. I was resting as my mother used to always say. I answered the phone trying to see if it was my father but they hung up as soon as I could ask hello. That got me paranoid. The Andrew police are out there, you know?

1 comment:

glittermom said...

Don't you have caller ID? I always look to see who's calling before I answer.