Sunday, May 14, 2017

There's A Charlie On My Mind and a Little Maggins, Too!

Maggie, our first responder, let me know Charlie was here. She rushed to the door barking her fool little head off. She put on quite the show -- a show of grand proportions.

I was sitting in my recliner dicking around with my new most prized possession, the laptop Charlie gave to me. It was good to look out the window and see Charlie's car sitting out front. Maggie was just absolutely ecstatic. Now that mom has passed away, Charlie is my chief advocate general.

"Come on in and see Maggie for a moment," I told Charlie as he walked across the yard.

"Andrew! It is good to see you!" Charlie said with a handful of sausage biscuits and a giant Coke.

"Maggie hasn't seen much of y'all lately because I am getting my medications early at Papa's house," I told Charlie.

"What's wrong?" Charlie asked.

"My brain is malfunctioning," I said with a weak chuckle.

"You take care of yourself, Andrew!" Charlie told me sternly and worriedly.

I also told him he was early today. He usually arrives around 10:00 to 10:30 AM.

Maggie was beside herself to see our Charlie. She yelped and wiggled wildly as Charlie came through the front door. I made the mistake of mentioning Charlie about an hour ago and it put the Magster in a frenzy for the longest time. Just like you don't dare say Walmart around Horsefly.

No comments: