Thursday, May 18, 2017

Morning Dawned and My Bottom Was Bared...

I was laying in the bed this morning about 7 AM. I slept very well and was fixing to get dressed, shake the dew off my lily, and go into the kitchen to get Maggie and I some scrambled cheese eggs and buttery toast in the works. I am finding myself craving breakfast foods again.

"Oh shit! This morning is my injection at 9 AM!" I thought to myself in a panic as I raised up out of the bed.

It hit me like a ton of bricks or the broadside of a speeding train. I like surprises sometimes, but just not that kind of a surprise because it gets me in a stir. I had to get up and get going fast! FAST!

I called my father who was getting ready for work and he nonchalantly said it wasn't today, but he would check on it after he shaved. He called me back ten minutes later.

"Yep!" he said. "Your injection is this morning. You were right after all. Thank you so much, son."

Well, I do have a pretty good bit of my mother in me (he says boastfully). My father says I got the worst of them both. I just need to get a calendar like my mother's to be fully prepared.

"What are your girls up to?" I asked a cherished friend of mine, my nurse Rebecca.

I was now at Kamath Medical.

"My littlest one didn't want to go to cheerleader camp this year and it worried me," Rebecca told me. "I thought maybe she had a bad experience last year at cheerleading camp and didn't want to go back."

Today's injection only took 10 minutes and I arrived home at 9:30 AM after a 9 AM appointment

1 comment:

glittermom said...

Did you ever get your cheese eggs and toast? Breakfast food is my fsvorite....