Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Our Temperature Differential...

I set the thermostat this afternoon to 78° degrees and I liked to have frozen to a cold death. I went so far as to put on a light jacket as I sat in the den with my laptop and that thing is a space heater. The air conditioning vent is just behind my recliner in that room.

Maggie will start panting when the temperature hits about 80° degrees and 80° is where I unfortunately like it. Human trumped dog for the rest of the afternoon. I kept putting a big cup of ice cubes in Maggie's water bowl.

I sleep with the temperature turned way down to 75° degrees which is comfortable to me and I am sure Maggie sighs with relief. We all bundle up in the bed like the bunch of bedbug miscreants we are.

The Man From Manicotti...

I tried a new frozen meal Monday and it is delicious. Its nomenclature is Michael Angelo's. They say on the package "small batch made from scratch". They got the small part right. I have to eat two of the meals just to get full. Try the ricotta stuffed manicotti. It is a very tasty meal -- almost like something you'd get at an Italian restaurant.

Something was lacking from my meal tonight, though, and I was trying to put a finger on it. I realized I should have bought some buttery garlic bread to toast and to accompany these meals.

No comments: