Monday, May 08, 2017

Where is the Captain in Captain D's?

A Tall Order...

Aye, Aye, Captain. 

Every Sunday night Charlie and my father buy us mainly fast food meals and drinks and they deliver them. Sometimes it is potluck and then sometimes you can request a meal. It depends on everybody's mood for the evening. Lately, I've been getting the #1 at Taco Hell which is a burrito supreme and a taco supreme.

My father always complains that Captain D's is way too expensive (He says the same of Arby's, my favorite and beloved fast food place as well that old curmudgeon). The only person who can override this is Charlie. Everybody got jumbo fish platters for supper last night. Maggie got a filet of Alaskan pollack to herself and then wanted mine as well. Maggieisms. Fish gotta swim and birds gotta fly as the old saying goes.

Something intrigued me yesterday when George, my neighbor, left his walker near the road by the mailbox. This George logic didn't make any sense.

I told my father George's hair color is not his natural gray. It makes him look much younger than he actually is.

"Go get it and put it on his carport," my father clandestinely told me. "You know him much better than I."

George popped his head out his side door and told me thank you. He really startled me by his presence and sudden appearance. I only have 8 lives left after that.

"Just helping a neighbor out," I told George. "That's what neighbors are for."

I didn't ask questions and told George to have a great day.

Charlie didn't have much cleaning to do last night. I vowed that if Charlie cleaned this house up then I would keep it that way. Dad said Charlie even remarked on how nice my house looks lately.