Monday, May 08, 2017

The Twenty Minute Shopping Jamboree...

I don't have much to say tonight (watch the proverbial ink floweth out of the proverbial quill). I was quick to my guns grocery shopping this evening. My total tally came out to be $73 dollars despite my father filling up my cart with Marie Callender's meals.

My father forgot my 6 diet Cokes for the evening and rushed home to get them while I was still shopping. He showed back up when I was almost ready to check out. That worked out very well.

"Look for the Vermont white cheddar mac and cheese meal," I excitably told my father. "It is now my favorite Marie's meal. It is absolutely delicious."

We looked and looked and couldn't find it. Seems to me we had some competition regarding that meal. They are very delicious I found out last week after I bought them on a whim. I settled on buying the chicken and broccoli Alfredo meal this week.

The lady checking us out knew my father very well (they flirt and are both recent widowers) from being an old customer of his and told us she's been driving for Uber on the weekends down in Auburn. It sounded very interesting. I've heard rumors, but never an eyewitness account of the service. She said shes made some good money driving with Uber lately. She only works at Kroger on Monday nights and Thursday nights now.

Maggie shut the hell up!

Somethings got Maggie's panties in a twist and she has barked all evening and night -- it is her warning and danger bark. I know she is just trying to keep us and the house safe,  but it is aggravating after going on for an hour now. She was barking when my father and I left for the grocery store and was still barking as I unloaded my groceries out of my car at home. The scraps from Andrew's table were just too good to pass up so she came inside.

The Laptop Has Been Christened...

The first thing I did upon acquiring this new laptop was to wipe the drive, format it, and reinstall Windows XP professional service pack 3. She is purring like a kitten.

I've heard rumors on the web that you can install an SSD or solid state drive in this laptop and I have an extra 250 GB SSD laying around. We may give it a whirl tomorrow. I would have to reinstall Windows XP again, though. My better computer instincts are telling me to leave well enough alone and to not dick around with the thing.

No comments: