Friday, May 26, 2017

Train Watching Extraordinaire...

CSX SD70AC number 4720
It was too beautiful to sit inside today. I said farewell to Maggie and headed to the railroad tracks to watch some trains.

I made some bologna sandwiches and carried some "fishing" food for snacks. In a thermos was some cold whole milk -- all I had to drink at the house except water. I didn't see many trains, but I had a pleasing time of just reading my Model Railroaders on the bench behind the bank -- scheming about my model railroad empire coming to fruition in what will soon be my train room.

One train slowed down for the signal downtown and they had trouble getting started again with the heavy drag of ballast gondolas behind them. I marveled at the amounts of sand the locomotives were spitting on the tracks to get traction and to get moving again.

2 comments:

Summer said...

I am mesmerized by trains. They are so powerful.

amelia said...

Do you get troubled by mosquitoes where you live? They and black flies are just brutal here.
I was thinking about your train watching and if they made it uncomfortable for you.