Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Indulge Yourself Dear Andrew....

Off came this morning's slouchy "knock about the house" clothes as I put on some nice clean khaki shorts and a nice gray short sleeved shirt. I had washed my tennis shoes in the washer the other day and they were blinding bright white and clean -- looking like they had been bleached.

"Ah, the titillating scent of Gain!" I said musingly as I pulled on a white t-shirt and then my gray over-shirt.

We were going for a short jaunt to do some retail therapy this afternoon... Johnny Otis approved retail therapy I might add. I had decided I wanted to make some fresh and homemade tuna fish salad and I headed to the Piggly Wiggly just a few miles away.

Everybody looked and waved manning a few registers when I walked through the automatic door.

"Hey y'all!" I waved back timidly.

I scrounged up some Blue Plate mayonnaise, Starkist tuna in olive oil (you've got to try this sometimes), sweet pickle relish, and some fresh Sunbeam bread. From produce, I grabbed some onion and some celery. I already had a carton of eggs at home. Dad had called me back and asked what would bring me joy and this was it. He was really worried about me.

"I almost called you to come to the pharmacy to take your medications," he said on the second call.

"I'll be there as soon as I can tonight!" He told me one more time before getting off the phone. "You hang in there!"

Like glittermom said it was my fault. I really got myself in a pickle today and it helped very much to get out of the house and do some shopping. It took my mind off my withdrawal. I am on over 30 hours since I last took my crazy meds.

1 comment:

glittermom said...

I like to cut up a hard boiled egg and mix in my Tuna salad...