Sunday, May 21, 2017

Helen Fried Chicken...

Damn, that was some good fried chicken and I always loved Helen's meatloaf and her superbly divine mac and cheese as well. Helen was a fine cook with regards to Southern soul food. I miss her dearly and I haven't heard from Helen in months. If I didn't have this damnable phone phobia, then I would call her and let you all know what she is doing these days. She called me pretty regularly a while back when I would answer the phone most of the time.

Papa and Charlie have headed out for our Sunday night chicken menagerie or Sunday night fried chicken as I call it. Dad just called me and asked me what I wanted tonight. I wanted the chicken strips meal like Horsefly has to get every Sunday night (every night as well) from KFC. I really wanted the zinger chicken sandwich but that would compliment matters too much. "What kind of sandwich?" my father would say with furrows in his brow.

Helen's Fried Pork Chops and Mac and Cheese

No comments: