Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Supper Sales Soupy...

Tonight we are having my father's soup -- an adapted recipe from Charlie's wife's soup. It is something to be savored. Even more so on a cold winter's day. It is most delicious with a hot pan of cornbread and some dollops of spicy hot sauce. I told dad to put some macaroni noodles in it to kick it up a notch as Emeril would say. Mom always liked it when he did that as well.

"I will be over in just a little bit," my father told me as we were getting off the phone.

An Emeril Tale...

One time, in the throes of my madness, I got it in my head that Emeril Lagasse was flying me to New York to eat at one of his posh restaurants.  I had just gotten out of homelessness and was living in my deceased grandmother's house behind my parent's house.

Well, I got dressed to the nines and walked to my parent's house in the middle of the night to wait for Emeril's limousine to pick me up.

"Dear god, son, You've got yourself in a mess" dad told me.

Dad got me in my mother's bed with her and I finally went to sleep. This was before I was on any medications. I was getting them at the health clinic but wasn't taking them.

No comments: