Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Toast On Tuesday...

It was raining heavily when I woke up at high noon. It was music to my ears. We really need the rain and we really need the NWS to stop harping on about it.

I ambled into the kitchen to scramble some cheese eggs and make some toast. Maggie was underfoot throughout the whole venture. She is certainly one proud pup that I am cooking breakfast again when we wake up.

"Maggie? You'd eat anything even if it was still moving!" I said jokingly to my furry little friend.

It reminded me of the time Maggie brought in a live bat! Oh, the rigors of a dog door!

I am at a loss as to what to do with myself these days. I've decided once again I don't particularly enjoy Facebook much. It is like everybody is vying for your attention and trying to outdo everybody else. And there is a whole heluva lot of people graduating from high school that I have no idea who they are.

I am certainly running out of steam as far as this blog is concerned as well and I have no desire to play video games these days. I find myself a lot of the time posting to my blog out of boredom and I spend most of my spare online time at Wikipedia reading in a noisy room as Maggie makes all sorts of noises. Grunting, whining, snorting, sniffing, farting.

It is days like today that I really miss downing a dozen beers. The day would just fly by if I had a 12 or 18 pack and I wouldn't have a care in the world. It would be like looking at the world through rose-colored glasses. Oh, but the hangover would be hell I haven't had a drink in so long.

3 comments:

glittermom said...

Take a break from it all once in awhile...we are so use to you blogging everyday we worry when we don't hear from you....but it's fine if you do....we'll be waiting for your return. Maybe you'll have some fresh ideas ..

PipeTobacco said...

I understand the desire for the delightfully cold, strong drink, sir. It does do a wonder on a pensive or ragged mind. It smoothies out the rough waves and makes life feel so much more tranquil.

Damon, now that I am thinking about it, I'd really enjoy a few beers myself tonight.

PipeTobacco

Summer said...

What about taking some long walks like you used to do? Is Maggie good on her leash?