Monday, May 15, 2017

I Hope I Didn't Get Horsefly's Meal or What Is Normally Called a SNAFU Around Here...


"Charlie?" I said over his cell phone last night after they left my house. "Somehow, I got chicken strips."

"Oh shit!"

I normally just get a box of 3 pieces of original KFC recipe chicken. I said chicken sandwich last night and my father and Charlie both looked at each other confused.

"It is called a Zinger chicken sandwich and is supposed to be real spicey," I told the both of them.

"Did Horsefly get chicken strips too?" I then asked back to the pressing matter at hand.

You could hear Charlie scrambling to look as he drove.

"We're fine here," Charlie said. "Thank god!"

It would have meant that Charlie would have to head back to KFC for more.

"Are you okay with chicken strips?" Charlie asked.

"Yeah, I am fine. Don't you worry about me," I told him.

They were actually quite good last night -- a nice change of pace. The original recipe chicken can be so greasy.

One nice thing about last night's meal was that it was hot and fresh. I had taken my medications that morning and could eat on a whim. Normally, I would have to wait an hour before I could eat and the food would have been tepid and cold.

No comments: