Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Jimmy James...


I just have left my parent's humble abode. I was visiting with my sister and her two children. My sister has the week off from work and is staying a few days with my father with grandchildren in tow.

Grant, my nephew, had caught a bonanza of giant black locusts out in the back yard and was keeping them in plastic cups. We started to think of names that we could name them.

"Name one of them Jimmy James," I told my nephew.

Jimmy James is Charlie's nephew and a superb craftsman. He is also a firebrand.

Charlie and my father just burst out in outrageous laughter. I was chuckling myself. I don't know what got in me to say that.

"Is Jimmy James ever going to come and do my train room?" I then asked Charlie in an opportune moment.

"He's disabled now and is not working," Charlie replied. "Your father now doesn't want the closet torn out."

I glared at my father with my eat shit and die look.

Harumppf... We'll see about that...

No comments: