Wednesday, May 17, 2017

The Calvary Finally Arrived Early Last Night...


Let's be glad this wasn't Custer's rendition of a last stand!

Dad came pulling up to my curb at eight 'o' clock sharp last night. He took a short detour to his house to get my sodas and my MedPAC. I am sure he turned on the television as well for a few moments -- like a moth to a candle flame. 

Lately, he has been showing up at 9:00 PM to 9:30 PM so he was true to his words in saying he would get here early last night. What a damn good sight for these sorry and sore eyes. Maggie put on yet another grand show for his grace. I was trying to gather my wits and faculties for my father's arrival when Maggie squealed with joy signaling zero hour had begun. 

"I heard you needed some crazy meds as you call them," he told me as I let out a strained and weak laugh.

I was teetering on the edge of my mental precipice.

"From now on, no more funny business," he told me. "We take your medications at 9 to 9:30 PM every night. Okay? If I can't be here, then Charlie will administer them."

I agreed wholeheartedly.

"Did you realize you told Craig (the new owner of dad's drug store) you loved him and you loved everybody at the pharmacy yesterday afternoon?" dad then told me with a smile.

I laughed another weak laugh as well.

"It was sheer misjudgment on my part for driving through all that crazy traffic on highway 29 just to get a lemon/lime sports drink," I replied to my father. "I wasn't thinking clearly."

I feel ten times better this morning. I can focus and I have some of my mental acuity back. I am listening to music this morning and it is not getting on my nerves so that is a very good sign.

1 comment:

glittermom said...

I hope you boys stick to the new schedule....it will be better for you.