Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Double Dog Tired...

"I am going to be there between 9:30 PM and 10:00 PM tonight as I am running late," my father told me over the phone this late afternoon.

"Okay," I replied apprehensively.

Well, 9:30 turned to 10:30 then it turned to 11:30 before my father finally showed up. I was already going to bed, but he insisted that I don some more clothes so we could get my groceries.

"You've got to be starving," he told me.

And I was...

Oh, what I do for the man.

I absolutely abhor those self-checkout lanes if your have more than just a few groceries. At 10 PM they close the regular lanes. We managed to get all my groceries through one of those lines.

We then got some large Wendy's frosties and a burger for me.  I ate mine on the drive back to Kroger. We left my car and returned so I could drive home. Dad had to make a deposit at the bank just down the road from Wendy's.

What's that loud booming sound from a car I now hear? Mating call. There must be a teen aged daughter who lives on the street.

I did see our Jermaine tonight. He was overseeing a price check on sugar-free Koolaid which made me chuckle. Whoever runs the ethos has a sense of humor.

I got some different things tonight. I got vanilla ice cream instead of the pies. We'll  see how that goes. I also got some Michael Angelo frozen Italian meals which are $4.99 belying the $2.99 of Marie's meals. I did not keep up with the cost tonight.

2 comments:

glittermom said...

What's your father doing that he has to come so late?

Andrew said...

I honestly don't know glittermom. I was afraid to ask.