Tuesday, May 02, 2017

Horsefly's Night Out...

Horsefly attended a bowling tournament tonight for "gifted" children and adults and won a trophy. Charlie said he almost bowled a perfect game. He was carrying that trophy across the yard with my father and Charlie hot on his heels.

"He will carry around that trophy for 2 whole weeks," Charlie said as well very proud of Horsefly.

"What did Horsefly just say?" I then asked Charlie stymied. "It sounded urgent."

Horsefly was busily walking around the house mumbling to himself. Charlie was in my bedroom changing my sheets and then putting the dirty ones in my washing machine.

Horsefly's language skills continue to degrade over the years and it worries me. Only a few people can understand him now. Even I have trouble understanding him lately. He has this staccato cadence to his voice and speech that makes his voice sound garbled.

"He needs to use your bathroom and the door is shut," Charlie said smiling.

My toilet got flushed a many as ten times after Horsefly had done his business.

"He wears out the toilets all the time at home," Charlie said.

Dad was fine tonight and was even feeling his oats this evening. Last night was all just a big joke to him. Charlie and I weren't laughing. I bet he wouldn't be laughing if a showed up down at the pharmacy today after drinking a 12 pack of beer.

"I bet you felt like shit this morning when you woke up," I told him.

"Now I know why I don't drink that often," he replied.

I was sad to see the threesome go as I was hungry for company and Maggie was as well. Maggie and I both watched out the window as the whole crew drove off in Charlie's Caprica.

No comments: