Saturday, May 27, 2017

Surprise! Uncle Andrew's Here! Yikes!

Skyrim
I usually don't go to family holiday functions because they make my nerves bad and I get afflicted with my omnipresent anxiety attacks. That said, the riverboat gambler gambled.

Dad was grilling outside and my brother and my sister's families were here. I put on my best smelling clothes (adding some Irish Spring deodorant)  and headed over for a little while.

"You smell good," my father said as I stood next to him at the grill.

I passed my first test. I then failed the second test when my father noticed I wore these clothes yesterday. Sigh! The downtrodden are trodden all over again.

The ribeyes, grilled vegetables and toasted buttery barbecue bread were delicious. Dad has a true flair for grilling steaks or just about anything. He learned it from Charlie, the grill master.

"Let us go play games at Uncle Andrew's house!" my nephew, Grant, exclaimed after lunch.

"Can you handle all of them?" my sister asked apprehensively. "I better come with you."

I told my sister that I thought that was a good idea. You would never know my sister is an oncologist as she seems so down to earth and is so unassuming. We all piled in her Honda Odyssey and headed to Andrew's house.

The kids marveled that I had built all these computers. I booted up The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim on my PC gaming computer for my nephew and he said aloud, "WOW!" It did my heart good.  It is the most graphically intensive game I own. A kid could get lost in the world of Skyrim for days.

No comments: