Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Blessings Be to the Good Neighbors of the World...

There was a knock on the door very early this morning.  Who could that be so early? I pulled on some pants and headed to the den where the front door resides.

"Now if these are Jehovah Witnesses then there are going to be harsh words," I remember telling myself.

It was my good neighbor, George.

"Your brakes lights are stuck on," George said. "I hope it didn't run down your battery."

"Thank you!" I said profusely.

George shook my hand and headed back to his house -- his good deed for the day done

I walked out and wiggled my brake peddle until they went off. This has been happening a lot lately. I just forgot to check when I unloaded my groceries last night.

I will be glad when I get my newer car. Bless mom's soul, she wouldn't want it any other way.

Trepidatiously, I turned the car key and my car very reluctantly cranked -- the battery almost on empty. I drove around for about 30 minutes to charge the battery. I then made sure it would crank again when I made it home.

No comments: