Saturday, May 13, 2017

Yes, I Do Believe I Am the Needy One of the Family...

Struggle, Toil, and Strife...Sigh!

I've had a string of bad days mental illness wise. I try to hide it, but dad said he could tell I was struggling yesterday just by the way I was dressed -- sloppily and unkempt.

"You don't even have your ever omnipresent ball cap on!"

I hesitate to talk about it as negativity fosters more negativity. I've been saying that for years and it is the truth. "Quit whining and suck it up!"  If I opened up anonymous comments then you would see what I mean.

"I know you hate to see me calling," I just told my father when he answered the phone. "But can we take my medications early today?"

"Can you wait two hours?" my father asked. "No, you come to me if you can drive and you won't have to wait."

"I don't get aggravated with you," my father then said. "I just don't want us to get off our routines. You're getting your medication earlier and earlier each day and I am not getting to see Maggie every night."

"I wish I could call you like my brother and sister and tell you how many lives I saved today," I then told him.

"You do pretty well these days," my father told me. "You've come miles and miles from what you started at."

My father had some regular "leaded" Coca-Cola in the fridge when I arrived at his house.

"I thought you might like that," my father said.

Dad was watching the food channel and we both got entranced on what the lady was cooking.

1 comment:

Kran's Crackers said...

I know when you're not feeling well mentally, it's hard for you to appreciate how far you've come. I do hope you feel better, and that you can be proud of your accomplishments...the main one being your great relationship with your father. Feel better soon and remember...this is your blog, you can complain, joke, whine, cry, or whatever YOU want. The heck with those who don't like it.
- Sharon -