Thursday, May 25, 2017

Happy as a Clam in its Shell...

I sheepishly asked my father for some more computer parts last night and he agreed. He balked at first asking me just how many computers would make me happy.

"You've been doing so well lately that I am going to treat you," he said last night. "Email the parts to Matt at the pharmacy."

He told me tonight that the parts were ordered and Matt also sent me an email with the tracking numbers.

It wasn't anything outrageously expensive. I ordered a $19.99 DVD rewritable drive and another motherboard which cost about $149 dollars (half price open box special). My only other item was a $49.99 "Challenger" computer case to put it all in. I own one of these Rosewill cases and they are a steal at $49.99. Highly functional.

The motherboard has integrated graphics, wireless and Ethernet internet connections, and integrated sound which will defray the cost of having to buy all those extra parts.

Little does my father know, but I am building this computer for him. He was complaining of how slow his Dell was last night as he often does. He is going to be stunned and shocked at the speed of this new budget build.

The processor is going to be a Core i5 3.2 GHz with Intel 4600 graphics and 16 megabytes of Corsair 1600 MHz RAM I both had on hand.

1 comment:

glittermom said...

That will be a nice surprise for your dad....