Thursday, May 18, 2017

Good Moods Abound All Around...

"Who's out there in the dark?" I asked very loudly as Maggie barked up a storm and whined and whimpered impatiently at the front door.

Maggie was outside on the back deck and alerted me to my father's arrival. I was sitting in my recliner with my laptop looking up weather radars as she ran through the house barking. I smiled very broadly. I love Maggie's exuberance regarding my father's visits. It is truly unconditional love.

"It's your Papa and we've got the Mags and you some supper," my father said as he walked across my yard.

Dad's pet name for Maggie is Mags and let's not forget she is the Duchess as well -- Princess of Mauritania and Maratouse.

"It's just Chik Delight," my father told me stepping through the door of my house. "But I thought you and the Mags would like some fried chicken fingers."

"Did you get some extra rooster sauce?" I asked hopefully.

"Just like you like it," my father said grinning. "Now, they are making you pay .25 ¢ cents for an extra cup of rooster sauce."

"I've had a really good day," I told my father before asking about his.

"Pretty good," dad said. "It gets harder to stand up 10 hours filling prescriptions as I get older."

No comments: