Monday, May 15, 2017

It Was Definitely The Charlie Thing to Do...


I headed to Fred's Super Dollar after lunch and got a quart of motor oil for my lawn mower. It has sat in the basement for several summers and needed some TLC.

Fred's was in a state of bedlam as their delivery truck was there which left one person to manage the front of the store including the cash register. I noticed Fred's uses a conveyor belt system similar to Dollar General's to unload their wares.

I then got a gallon of fresh gas at Circle K. I would never get my lawn mower to crank with that old gas that was in it. I was going to try and display the better angels of my nature.

My other neighbor besides George is just dirt poor. I think she rents her house and she busts her ass to make ends meet and she has to work all the time. She can't cut her grass due to her age and she can't afford to have somebody to come cut it as well. I thought I would surprise her today and cut her grass this afternoon. Her yard is not much bigger than a postage stamp and it was really grown up with knee high weeds.

Well? I learned one thing today from all of this. I am so out of shape it is pitiful and to think I cut my grass and Joyce's (my deceased neighbor) as well many years ago. When I started to have my severe anxiety attacks, Charlie took over cutting my grass then. Now we get Lopez Landscaping to manicure Charlie's several yards, my father's several yards and my yard.

No comments: