Thursday, August 30, 2018

I’ll Take 4K For $400, Alex…

resolutioncompareI just emailed the pharmacy the Newegg shopping cart with the ASUS 4K ultra high definition monitor I want to get. I then called the pharmacy to tell my father I sent Matt, the pharmacy computer guru, an email.

“We’ll get to it if we can,” Old Fuss and Feathers told me huffily. “We’ve been really busy today.”

Harumppff!!!

I wanted to tell him to do it after the store closes, but I would have been reprimanded.

“We all want to go home after working all day,” I can hear him tell me now in retribution. 

Dad is having to work today and tomorrow to make up for not working Monday and Tuesday due to his class reunion.

It sure is nice to be off today and not have to volunteer. I have done nothing but goof off today and I am still in my pajamas this late in the afternoon.

Volunteers Needed

Volunteering has seemed to have lost some of its veneer and luster for me, but I am not going to give up. I am committed now. I will probably feel differently in the morning after I have rested up some. The first of the week sure was busy, though. I performed a full week’s work in three days. I am also still adjusting to volunteering on Fridays as well.

One of the big benefits of my medications is that I can think this way in a rational manner. I am also dependable. Off my medications, I am impulsive and flighty and would have quit willy nilly without a care of the consequences or how it would effect my friends. Dad’s amazed I’ve made it this far to put another spin on the matter. He has no confidence in me in such endeavors nor does he encourage them.   

2 comments:

Sharyn said...

I am proud of you! You have, with Dad's support this time, taken over your meds inc picking up and getting to Nurse Rebecca, you have more freedom in grocery shopping, you are volunteering and feeling like we all do, underappreciated and overworked. Your quest toward "normalcy" is working! I believe, and I always feel presumptuous when I say this, Miss Martha is smiling down on her boy as we speak!!

If you look at it from the big picture, Dad IS supporting you in this. I am!

Melanie said...

I'm proud of you, too, Andrew. You are doing good in the world. You have come so far since I started reading your blog years ago. <3