Sunday, August 19, 2018

Debonair Styles By Charlie…

Charlie was running really late this morning for breakfast. He arrived around 10:30 AM. Last week it was 8:30 AM. Maggie and I sat on the couch on the lookout for him. We can see him from our perch turn around the corner far down at the end of the street. Not one electronic device was whirring, no music was playing, and the silence was golden. Soon, here came Charlie. Maggie had to jump up on the couch three times to make sure it was him.

“Charlie’s Here!!!”

“I am cutting your hair tonight so don’t wash your hair today,” Charlie told me all businesslike. “it’s easier to cut when it is dirty.”

This logic escapes me, but I told Charlie thanks. I’ve been hiding under baseball caps these past few weeks my hair has gotten so long and unruly.

This morning’s sausage biscuit was the best one yet. McDonald’s must have changed their biscuit recipe as they are delicious now. I used to couldn’t eat them. I’d turn up my nose and give my biscuit to Maggie.

Let the Cleaning Commence…

I was up and running at 6:45 AM this morning. I don’t know what possessed me to get up so early. I immediately got on a cleaning kick. When this happens, I have to roll with the punches. I make great strides on mornings such as these. My main job was decluttering the house and putting things away. I also Charlie proofed the kitchen and laundry room.

A Challenge: Two Hymnals, Two Pianos, an Atheist, and an Agnostic…

Dad challenged me to learn to play one hymn per week this morning. He is going to do the same. I already know I am going to learn the Christmas hymns in the hymnal. That way I can play them at Christmas on dad’s Yamaha grand piano which sounds exquisite. Dad thought that was an outstanding idea.

1 comment:

skinny minny said...

I know you play and play well from past posts but I can't remember do you have a piano or keyboard?
What brought on the learn a hymn thing with your Dad?
I love Christmas hymns hope you post a video or two on here of you playing some