Monday, August 06, 2018

Frugality Reigns Supreme…

KlondikeI was mister frugal tonight grocery shopping. I only spent $66 dollars. I was delighted when I found out Kroger’s version of SlimFast was half the price. It was on the bottom shelf out of view. They just had a few more grams of sugar per bottle which I can deal with. I also bought lots of strawberry Greek yogurt to snack on. All the yogurt I bought was $14 dollars.

The only non diet thing I bought was Vienna sausages for Maggie. She certainly loves the things. I might eat one or two myself. Don’t tell the diet police.

I also, once again, got the sugar free Klondike bars. I ate one even before I began to put my groceries away. It was nice, gooey, and soft from being in my warm trunk on the drive home. A sheer delight!

“Now, you are going to have to lock that bike up at night,” my father told me of my mountain bike as we walked to our cars. “I’d bring it inside the den.”

I agreed and told him I would bring it inside every night. The seedy contingent of the neighborhood forces us to hide our beer in our clothes dryers and lock our cars and homes religiously. All valuables are considered suspect to theft. Oh thee of the night of ill repute.

No comments: