Sunday, August 26, 2018

My Poor Dearest Maggie…

loyalty and loveMaggie doesn’t get to see much of Charlie and Papa these days and it is the highlight of her existence when she does. She gets so excited when they pull up out front in their cars. She used to see my father every night when he brought my medications, but that ritual has long since ceased. For the longest time, she would pine in the window hoping my father would arrive.

Once again, Charlie and Papa just pulled to the curb and gave me my Sunday night meal and pulled away. Maggie barked futilely at the screen door hoping they would come inside and see her. I want them to come inside as well as I miss them and I love them. I always straighten up the house for naught. Maggie is sulking on the couch looking like the most pitiful of creatures you’ve ever seen.

No comments: