Wednesday, August 08, 2018

Dinner for Two…

spaghettiDad invited me over for supper tonight.

“I need to do this more often,” he said.

He cooked my mother’s spaghetti and meat sauce. We had a big, grand salad which was my favorite part of the meal. I went off my diet and slathered my greens in Marie’s chunky blue cheese dressing – a zillion calories. The salad also had shredded cheddar cheese, diced ham and sliced eggs – a zillion more calories. I could have made a meal out of it alone. We also had the ubiquitous barbecue bread dad always serves with spaghetti. It was toasty, buttery, and delicious as well. Dad’s spaghetti was spot on and I had to resist going back for seconds.

It started to thunder loudly while we were eating. You could see the lightning flash outside the windows of the kitchen dining room.

“That’s odd,” my father said perplexed. “Having a storm blow up after dark this time of the year.”

I had my tablet computer with me and pulled up the weather radar.

“There’s is one teeny little thunderstorm that has blown up on the radar and is headed this way,” I told my father and then showed him the tablet. “It is tiny.”

“Maybe I won’t have to water my lawn tomorrow if it puts out some good rain,” dad replied.

I checked my tablet again and the storm had grown in strength.

We finished our meal and I told my father goodnight and thankyou for the wonderful dinner.

It started to rain very heavily on my drive home. I guess dad got his wish. I was outdone about it because I washed my car today and meticulously detailed my wheels. The rain negated all of that work. I was hurriedly trying to get home before the rain started. I was voicing some choice explicatives as the heavy rain pelted my windshield.

No comments: