Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Another One Under My Belt…

BiscuitsI am warming up some pork chops and rice for supper. I never got around to eating them last night. I just stuck them in the fridge for later. I am especially keen on the asparagus tonight which dad drizzles with a mayonnaise and lemon juice emulsion sauce. It is just delicious. There were four biscuits, but I am unsure how well they faired a tour of duty in the fridge overnight. I might slice them in half and toast them in my toaster oven with some butter. That’s what my grandmother, Sally Lou, would do. Leftover biscuits were a treat at her house.

Last night, I was so tired that I sat down in my recliner in the den and fell sound asleep instantly. Maggie woke me up about 3 AM barking loudly as if someone was in the yard. I checked to make sure my car alarm was on, I turned on the porch lights, and then double checked all the doors to see if they were locked. I then went and retired in a proper bed and slept soundly the rest of the night. 

Sharyna thought I liked Jermaine. Hah! Just kidding! I like Jermaine. He’s a good friend, but he can just talk your ear off for 20 minutes or more. Southern etiquette dictates that the person who started a conversation finishes it. The same goes for the phone. That’s why I was avoiding him last night. I was tired and ill and wanted to get in and out as fast as possible. I was one pooped puppy last night.

Skinny Minny, unfortunately our Kroger doesn’t have that service or I would certainly use it. I think Walmart does, though. I would never convince my father to try Walmart's service unfortunately. Kroger is just ten times more convenient as well as far as location and parking. 

2 comments:

Summer said...

You mentioned in an earlier post that the asparagus were canned. Is it the Green Giant brand? My mother used to buy them and I loved them, even though they are a bit mushy. The sauce your father makes sounds amazing!

glittermom said...

I’ve always eaten canned asparagus. My favorite veggie..