Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Noon Tablet Scribblings…

I just made it back to the Humane Society to take my medications at noon. I take them out of the med-pack in the mornings and put them in a little spare pill bottle. This really helps me finish my busy day. They “hit” me around 1 PM and I can really feel their effects. It is like putting on rose colored glasses.

Mrs. Barbara has printed out alphabetical lists of establishments with donation boxes. As I hit each one, I grab the donation box and mark it off on the list. I put a new donation box in its place. When I get a sizable amount accumulated, I bring them back to the Society and Mrs. Barbara opens them and begins to count the takings. Some businesses are missing donation boxes and I can only assume they were stolen.

We still have to do our morning chores, though. I clean the kennels before having to go out on my donation box gathering duties. On a normal day, we would finish our chores and go sit out in the shade in lawn chairs outside waiting for people to come who want to adopt. We have some of the best conversations during these times. Who would have ever thought I would want to be social? I chalk it up to my continued improvement and the Risperdal I take.

1 comment:

Sharyn said...

Several of our grocery stores have bins for animals. The one at Jerry's is usually filled with trash. Kroger's prewraps a bag of food, a couple of cans, and maybe a toy together for $10. You pick it up, ring it up and leave it in the bin. I don't give as often as I should but I always bitch when the Jerry's bin has garbage.

A week ago, I found a BUG in it. A giant bug. Not being from the south, I am not familiar with local bugs. I ran into the store SCREAMING, "Cockroach! Cockroach!" which got everyone's attention and isn't a good thing for a food store. Two employees ran to the rescue, only to announce it was a Junebug!! I don't care, it shouldn't have been in there!! LOL