Friday, August 31, 2018

Enter the Rabid Zone…

Tomorrow starts a phase of existence in my father’s and brother’s life that can best be described as rabid and obnoxious. Yes, it is the start of college football season. I get left out during this time as I find watching college football akin to watching ice melt. So, you all be thinking of me the next 9 weeks as I put up with these crazed, rabid men in my family.

“Football is good for your soul!” my father keeps telling me to a milquetoast reception.

They need to be spending all those millions of dollars they spend on football on scholarships and the like. Or, at least pay the players. I am just an old fart of a fuddy duddy aren’t I concerning this matter?

Well, Auburn spent over $2 million dollars putting up a gaudy new jumbotron. Think of how many scholarships could have been afforded by that money.

Put Your Feet Up. It’s Okay!

I was one sleepy pups when I got home today. I was so drowsy – nodding off as I was driving home up through the Valley. I got in my skivvies and curled up in my computer room bed – the one bed Maggie can still jump up on. We went to sleep for over five hours. Maggie was like…don’t get up! I hope I can sleep tonight, but at least it was on a weekend in which I have absolutely nothing to do. I can catch some Rip Van Winkles when I need them.

A Shirt On Your Back…

Today, at the Humane Society, Mrs. Barbara had ordered a bunch of Humane Society t-shirts and they had finally arrived. Yay! I got a purple, bright orange, and black t-shirt. These are to be worn while we are at the Society so adopters can know who the staff are. I was so proud to get my t-shirts. I immediately went into the bathroom and put my purple one on. They are very nicely done. They are also for sale to patrons who come to visit and adopt – another way to support us through donations by buying a t-shirt.

1 comment:

glittermom said...

I’m so glad your able to keep volunteering. ..it’s a wonderful thing. You should feel proud.